Whether you have a new or used Ford, we want to make owning it as pleasurable and worry-free as possible. That is why our extensive range of warranties offer services and support to suit your individual needs. So you can enjoy the road ahead and let us take care of the rest.
New Vehicle Warranty
Basic WarrantyOur Ford manufacturers warranty ensures worry-free motoring for up to 2 years. All repairs are carried out in line with the highest quality standards. What’s more, if you sell your Ford, the warranty is transferable a real added benefit for the new owner.
Parts WarrantyFord Dealers/ Authorised Repairers only use original Ford replacement parts for warranty repairs. These parts meet our stringent quality and safety standards, which means the performance and value of your Ford won’t be affected.
Your paint surface warranty begins and ends at the same time as your Ford basic warranty. Simply check your vehicle's service portfolio (formerly Warranty & Service Guide) for the warranty periods for your vehicle.
Ford isn’t responsible for any repairs directly resulting from:
- Damage caused by neglect, flooding, accident, rallying, racing or any other improper use.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Ford maintenance schedules and service instructions.
- Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Ford instructions.
- Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or its components.
- Failure to rectify any paint or corrosion damage identified during the Body and Paint Check in a timely manner.
- Factors beyond our control, such as damage caused by airborne contaminants, storms, stone chips, scratches or the use of unsuitable cleaning agents.
- Repairs using methods that haven’t been approved by Ford.
- Failure to use Ford Original Parts, or parts and fluids that match the quality of Ford Original Parts and fluids.
- Please see the service portfolio for further information.
Your Ford bodywork is covered against perforation from the inside for up to 12 years (depending on the model). To maintain this warranty, just take your Ford for regular body and paint checks (which can be combined with your service visits) as described in your service portfolio.
Rain-sensing wipers, which are standard on some models and optional on others, offer six levels of sensitivity, springing into action automatically at the first drop of rain and increasing in speed to deal with whatever the weather can come up with. Aside from the added convenience, it’s one less thing to have to think about (model specific).
Breakdown support at any timeFord Assistance offers the following benefits in virtually every country in Europe:
If the repair cannot be carried out the same day, you have a choice of:
- Use of a hire car for a maximum of 2 working days
- First class rail travel for the onward journey
- Air fare up to a maximum of 600 Euros if the journey by rail is more than six hours (also covers collection of the vehicle)
- Maximum of 3 nights in a hotel whilst the repair is carried out, not exceeding 100 Euros (excl. VAT, incl. breakfast) per person per night (only applies if you break down more than 80 km from your home).
These benefits cover up to 9 people (occupant capacity of a Ford Transit). A breakdown is deemed to have taken place when your journey cannot be continued immediately owing to a fault which is covered by the Ford Assistance warranty.
Ford Assistance is available for:
- All new Ford vehicles, from the date of first registration until the next scheduled service is due. (Please refer to your owner’s handbook for your Ford vehicle’s service intervals)
Exclusions under Ford Assistance
Ford Assistance only applies in the event of a breakdown. Hire cars, driving school vehicles and taxis are only covered for roadside assistance and towing.European Roadside Assistance with every routine service
Ford Protect - Covered at all timesA new Ford is automatically protected by the 2-year new vehicle warranty, at no extra charge. But for extra peace of mind an extended warranty for up to 5 years is available when you buy your vehicle.
Ford extended warranties give you Ford Protect to match the protection to your needs, depending on:
- the way you use your Ford
- the distances you drive
- the importance to you (or your business) of having your Ford on the road at all times and, of course, your budget.
Ford ProtectFord Protect extends the initial 2-year new vehicle warranty and roadside assistance with additional features and benefits.Read more...